Cycling Tours in Europe - PLATEAU CYCLING
Bike vacations in Bulgaria and Romania
Plateau Cycling is a local Bulgarian bike tour company.
We are focused on guided cycling holidays in Eastern Europe.
- Our bicycle routes traverse Coastal Romania and Bulgaria – the cradle of the Eastern European culture where the Cyrillic script and literature was born in the 9th century AD;
- Bulgarian and Romanian countryside give unbelievable advantages for safe, tranquil and full of adventures cycling, so different from the rest of Europe;
- Enjoy places and people untouched by tourism – something really rare in modern Europe;
- Touring period from April to November – see link Guided Cycling Tours 2018 Calendar;
- Easy to be reached region from all over the world through the airports of Istanbul, Sofia, Bucharest, Varna and Burgas.
Bicycle routes on varied terrain for people of all levels, abilities and interests:
- Ride over flat ground on the Black sea coast of Romania and Northern Bulgaria or nearby the Danube Delta;
- Cycle the hilly landscape of the numerous plateaus stretched between Ruse on the Danube and Varna on the Black Sea;
- Come to pedal through the low mountainous region of the Balkan Range.
Why choose us?
- Unique destinations in Eastern Europe not widely available through other companies;
- Easy, moderate or challenging bike trips on quiet roads and wonderful dirt roads;
- We make transfers from Varna, Burgas and Bucharest airports and organize your transport from Sofia;
- As an independent local team we strive to provide a high level of customer satisfaction;
- We are extremely responsible for our region, for our community, for the cycling travelers who come with us. You feel safe and needful while riding on Plateau Cycling tour.
Excellent value for money:
- solid quality 24-gear bicycles combined with best comfort;
- delicious and varied food;
- clean accommodation;
- low group size and family friendly tours;
- great company on the road, combined with relaxed and sociable meals.
Get off the beaten tourist routes of Europe.
- Surprisingly the Mediterranean world doesn't end in Dalmatia or even Istanbul!
- Latin and Greek are not the only alphabets of EU and the Danube doesn't stop in Budapest or Belgrade!
- If you wish to feel happy for your choice, turn to Plateau Cycling tours and discover more of Eastern Europe - cycling in Romania and Bulgaria
PLATEAU CYCLING organizes Eastern Europe bike excursions in the Black Sea region, shared between Bulgaria and Romania. Our carefully crafted cycling tours in Eastern Balkans immerse the traveler in mild plateau landscapes, stunning canyons, the sea horizon, the delicious local fresh food and the controversial past, left by Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Bulgarians and Ottomans.
We strive to offer variety of guided bicycle tours or themed tailor-made bike trips in Bulgaria and Romania. Our fascinating cycling tour itineraries reach Danube’s southernmost point and the Danube Delta, the diverse Black Sea coast and weave through the hills of the Eastern Balkan Mountain. You may call it Southeastern Europe’s corner or Eastern Balkans or European Black Sea region, but this area has unique highlights with universal value, bearing witness to Bulgaria's fabulous past: 10 sites of UNESCO World Heritage List, 7 sites of UNESCO World Heritage Tentative List, the humankind's oldest gold from Varna Necropolis and the medieval Bulgarian capitals, where the Cyrillic alphabet and the first Cyrillic literature developed.
Our fully supported cycling tours in Bulgaria and Romania are guided by ride leaders with deep regional knowledge and professional skills. We guarantee, firsthand experience and local hosts in the rural areas, special food & drink tastings, hidden adventurous trails, suitable for regular cyclists and high responsibility as Plateau Cycling’s owners are the guides as well.
PLATEAU CYCLING guided bicycle tours are predominantly in the regions of the Lower Danube and the Western Black Sea situated in the northeastern corner of the Balkan Peninsula and divided between the states of BULGARIA and ROMANIA.
Our bike trails run throughout the vast plateaus of Dobruja/Dobrogea and Ludogorie/Deliorman and the hilly Eastern Balkan Mountain.
Also 3 UNESCO biosphere reserves, 8 Nature parks, Black Sea bird migration flyway, unique villages, representing the ethnic and religious diversity, wineries, yogurt diaries and rural traditions are part of the richness of our Eastern Balkans cycling routes.
Look for PLATEAU CYCLING Hub & Spokes self-guided bike vacations especially made for your convenience of choosing appropriate starting dates and duration, different attractions, your own cycling program each day and saving money going self guided in the same time.
We recommend hospitable village-based accommodation where you’ll find excellent service and friendly atmosphere.
Our network of cycling bases is spread in Northern and Eastern Bulgaria so you would easily reach Danube River, Black Sea or Balkan Mountains. Hub & Spokes bike vacation gives you the best way to take a inner look of the culture of the Balkans and to get familiar with the life of local people on your own, without feeling lonely.
PLATEAU CYCLING Bulgaria and Romania day bicycle itineraries follow the Danube River and the Roman Danubian limes, the Roman Via Pontica road along the Black Sea and the sites of the Thracian, Bulgarian and Ottoman heritage spread inland throughout the Balkan foothills. We pay special attention to the traces of the Communism in Eastern Europe – socialist monuments of art, remnants of the Communist lifestyle and architecture, explanations of the totalitarian rule characteristics.
PLATEAU CYCLING tours receive high rates and best reviews, because of the precisely-chosen and checked routes, away from the traffic and close to unique and welcoming places with warm and friendly people. Bulgaria and Romania has all the advantages to be one of the best Eastern Europe cycle holiday locations. Let your bicycle track the adventurous spirit of Eastern Balkans.
ACTIVITIES, PARTNERS AND EXPOS – that’s how Plateau Cycling shows its contribution to the cycling community in Bulgaria and worldwide. Visiting travel expos and establishing relations with cycling people in USA, Western Europe, Australia, Canada and the Mediterranean helps us to gain popularity and place the Eastern Balkans and the Black Sea on the world bike touring map.
For more pictures please visit our gallery