Adventurous Danube - Black Sea Bike Tour
Cycle 40-60 miles daily distances and gain 1000-1300 m elevation each day on moderate to challenging terrain. Riding this route we’ll encounter a lot of demanding climbs and varied road surfaces suitable for our touring bikes. Conquer the alternating plateaus of Southeastern Europe stretched from the Danube River bank at Ruse to the Black Sea coast at Varna. This adventure bike tour combines riding on stronger pace with enough stops to enjoy the unique cultural sites, natural landmarks and spicy local food.
The vast tableland between the port cities of Ruse and Varna hide one of the most valuable cultural highlights of Europe, which don’t have any parallels throughout the continent. Here we will find the paintings of Alexander the Great in the Thracian Sveshtari Tomb, the rocky bas-relief of Madara Rider, the medieval rock-hewn churches of Ivanovo, all of them UNESCO World Heritage Sites and also the world oldest golden treasure from Varna, the ruins of the medieval capital Pliska and the Alevi religious complex Demir Baba Tekke.
Bike trails go along picturesque wetlands, lakes, marshes, river canyons, the famous Danube bank and the stunning Black Sea coast at least.
Adventurous Danube -
|LENGTH:||462 km (287 miles)|
|NIGHTS:||6 nights + 1 bonus|
|LOWEST POINT:||0 m (0 feet)|
|HIGHEST POINT:||418 m (1371 feet)|
Day 1 Arrival in Ruse.
Day 2 Cycling from Park Lipnik Ruse to Tutrakan (distance 85 km; elevation 600m)
Day 3 Cycling from Tutrakan to Vetren (distance 68 km; elevation 1000m)
Day 4 Cycling from Vetren to Isperih (distance 76 km; elevation 1010m)
Day 5 Cycling from Isperih to Pliska (distance 81 km; elevation 1050m)
Day 6 Cycling from Pliska to Provadia (distance 72 km; elevation 1100m)
Day 7 Cycling from Provadia to Varna (distance 80 km; elevation 1200m)
- Transfer from/to Varna airport to your accommodation at the day before and the day after the tour. Transfers in two directions from/to Burgas airport will cost 35 € per person and from/to Bucharest airport 85 € per person (min 3 persons). One way transfers will cost respectively 20 € and 45 € per person
- 24-gear lightweight trekking Bike without helmet (Helmets at your disposal by renting +20 Euro per tour)
- English/Russian speaking ride leader with local knowledge
- Accommodation during the tours at hotels and family run lodgings at the quality of 2** and 3*** including breakfasts
- Entrance fees
- Four Picnic lunches, two yogurt tastings
- Refreshing drinks (non alcoholic) during the cycling time
- Support vehicle and luggage transfer
- Permanent technical bike support
- Medical insurance for Bulgaria
- Bonus for direct booking on our site after-the-tour accommodation in the itineraries and cost-free transfers to/from Burgas Airport
TOUR DATES: 11 June 2017
PRICE: 740 €